Isabel graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree and more recently a Master of Development Practice (majoring in community development) from the University of Queensland. She has held leadership roles with Red Cross working in community programs focussing on place-based responses to homelessness. Utilising asset-based community development, her passion lies in working with people to create social change in the issues they experience.
- Bachelor of Arts University of Queensland
- Master of Development Practice (majoring in community development)
- Performers Certificate with Trinity College of London
Recent prior career history:
- Australian Red Cross (12 years)
Areas of practice and expertise:
- Isabel is passionate about community development and participatory development utilising art methodologies and has enjoyed guest lecturing and hosting workshops across the state
- Isabel is known for her creative and effective facilitation skills and has expertise in The Circle Way and The Art of Hosting
- Isabel enjoys community-based education and training and draws in skills from Masterclass such as Narrative Practice, Drumming Facilitation, Dramatherapy, Storytelling, Theatre of the Oppressed and Human Centred Design
- Isabel’s participatory leadership style is complimented by her knowledge and experiences as a Child Safe Contact Officer, Disability Inclusion Officer, Suicide ASSIST, Mental Health First Aid, First Aid and CPR, Managing Aggressive Behaviour, conflict and de-escalation.
- Isabel is also an experienced emergency services volunteer and has been involved with responding and recovering to disasters such as the Townsville Monsoon and Ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie.
- Isabel is an emerging artist and is interested in how performance can create social change to social issues.